Home  ·  About Us  ·  Product/Services  ·  Employment  ·  Contact  ·  Find an Agency  ·  Make an Auto Payment  
  Login  ·  Site Map  ·  Help  
(Frequently Asked Questions)


1. Can I make a change to my policy? Top
Endorsements or changes to your policy, including address/name change, vehicle, driver, or coverage changes, can be made by calling your agent to request a change to your Victoria policy.

2. When will my policy change take effect?
Changes will take effect as of the date and time requested.

3. Can I change my payment plan option?
Payment plans can be changed at renewal provided we are notified 45 days in advance of the renewal effective date.

4. Why did my premium change?
Premium changes may be due to regulatory approved revisions or policy changes. If you have added or deleted a driver or vehicle, your premium may change. Premium changes can also be due to a change in address, coverage, driving record or reflect an unpaid balance.

5. What is an MVR?
A MVR or Motor Vehicle Report lists violations and accidents that a driver has had in the past several years.

6. Why was my policy issued at a different rate than what my agent quoted?
An issued policy reflects information obtained from your MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) which may cause a change in your total premium. This information includes violations, convictions, and accidents which can cause a change in rate. Discrepancies in vehicle symbols, VIN numbers, and rating territories used by your agent when quoting your policy may also cause a change in premium.

7. Why does my agent need to obtain a credit score? Does this affect my credit?

Victoria uses a credit or financial responsibility score in certain authorized states for insurance underwriting purposes. This score is based on information contained in the named insured's credit report. Inquiries for insurance purposes show up on the credit report. However, insurance inquiries should not affect the applicant's credit or his/her ability to obtain credit for such things as loans, purchases, etc.

If a customer suspects inaccuracies in their credit information, he/she may request a credit report by calling the number or writing to the address listed below:

Trans Union Corporation / Consumer Disclosure Center
2 Baldwin Place
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
Phone: 1-800-888-4213 or 1-800-645-1938

8. Will my premium change on my birthday?
When purchasing a new policy, if the driver's birthday falls within the first 1-30 days of the policy period, depending on the state, we will automatically advance the driver's age by one year for rating purposes. Your agent will inform you of the exact timeframe based on the state in which you reside. Premium will not change mid-term because of a change in driver age.

9. What is an excluded driver?
A person who lives in the same household but whom the named insured does not wish to have covered by the policy. There is usually no limit to the number of excluded drivers on a policy. Excluding a driver is state specific, based on the state regulations.

10. Do I need to include my roommates on my policy?
Excluding or including a driver is state specific. Different rules apply to each state. In most states, all household members 15 years or older (including roommates) must be identified on the application. All drivers, including drivers under suspension, must be rated or excluded in most states. Your agent will explain what drivers need to be included or excluded based on the state guidelines.

11. Can I exclude my spouse on my policy?
A spouse may be excluded unless otherwise prohibited by state law.

12. Will my premium increase if I get a traffic ticket?
The premium will not be changed at mid-term because of changes in driving record. All chargeable offenses that occur during your present policy term will be reflected in your next renewal statement.

13. How far back will I get charged for violations on my driving record?
Each driver is rated on convictions and accidents during the preceding 35 months. Out-of-state convictions and accidents are chargeable.

14. Can I cancel my policy?
Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing and include the policy number and your signature. A penalty fee of 10% of the unearned premium will be charged for cancellation prior to the expiration date of the policy. Return of premiums, if applicable, will be sent directly to you.


1. What should I do if I get into an automobile accident? Top
1. Please obtain the following information from all individuals involved in the accident: Names, Addresses, Phone numbers, Drivers' License numbers, Insurance companies, Policy numbers, and License plate numbers for each vehicle involved in the accident.
2. Please obtain names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses. Use the witness cards that are provided in your Victoria Policy Pack.
3. Please call Victoria immediately at 1-800-926-3168 to report the loss.
4. Please do not leave the scene of the accident.
5. Please do not discuss the accident with anyone, other than the Police.
6. Do not admit fault or make judgements of fault. A trained adjuster will determine negligence.
7. Arrange to have someone call the Police, immediately.
8. If your vehicle is deemed inoperable after the accident, please have it moved to a safe and secure location.

2. How long does it take to settle a claim?
Once a claim is reported, a Victoria Claims Professional will immediately begin processing the claim. While each situation is unique, most claims are resolved within 30 days.

3. How is a total loss determined?
If damage to a vehicle cannot be repaired to pre-loss condition in a cost-effective manner or by using accepted industry and safety standards, the vehicle is then considered a total loss. The insurance company will obtain market research data specific to your locality to determine the actual cash value of the vehicle.

4. How do I file a claim with Victoria if I am insured by another company?
Contact our Claims Department directly at 1-800-926-3168, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please have any information regarding the Victoria policyholder available when you call.

5. How do I file a claim with the other driver's insurance company?
Contact the other driver's insurance company or agent to inquire about reporting procedures. You will be asked to provide information concerning your claim. If you do not receive adequate assistance, contact your Victoria Claims Professional.

6. Will my claim affect my premium?
Chargeable (at fault) losses may be reflected in an increase in premium at renewal, in states where permissible.

7. I just received suit papers from the other party's attorney. What should I do?
The suit papers need to be forwarded to your Victoria Claims representative in our claims office. Please send lawsuit papers through Certified or Registered Mail with a Return Receipt Request. You will be reimbursed for these charges. For a covered loss or subject to the circumstances of the claim, your policy provides coverage in the event of a lawsuit, up to the stated limit amount.

8. Can I get a rental car while my vehicle is being repaired?
In those states where it may apply, if your policy currently includes rental reimbursement, you will be reimbursed for rental charges up to a specified daily amount for the specified length of time set in your policy. You will be responsible for any rental charges not covered by your policy or in excess of your coverage amount.

9. Who should I pay my deductible to?
If your vehicle is repairable, the deductible amount is paid to the repair shop. If your vehicle is deemed a total loss, the deductible amount is deducted from the settlement amount. It is your responsibility to make arrangements with the lienholder, if applicable.